Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Good Ol' Days

(sigh)

Anyone else longing for the good old days?? With everything going on in the world today, here and other countries, I find myself wishing for a simpler time.

I think of how far we've come... not necessarily all good. And I can't help but think how nice it would be to NOT have to worry about what kids see on TV or hear on the radio. How nice it would be if folks still waved at one another in passing and respected one another's property and personal space. A time when you could leave the doors unlocked and didn't need a cell phone.

That's just a very small sample of things I think of. Times are hard, dangerous. People seem to have little to no moral compass. There's so much greed and hate. It seems at times this country has totally forgotten and veered away from the very principles it was founded on and that made it so great.

Maybe I've just been watching too much news. But it is a scary time.

1 comment:

Judi said...

Amen. It is scary.