Thursday, September 4, 2008

Killer Right Hook

W-O-W! Governor Palin waylayed Obama and the general political establishment Wednesday night in her address at the Republican National Convention. She has a killer "right" hook that had to have rattled a few teeth on the other side.

I really expected she might ease into her position as VP candidate but she came out with both barrels blazing! I was very impressed. I agree with most of what she said, especially pertaining to politics and government needing to make a u-turn back to "for the people, by the people".

I also agree with her defense against all that's been said about her "inexperience". I personally think the people in the #1 and #2 positions in the White House should have executive positions in their backgrounds... ESPECIALLY governor. A governor has to balance a budget, create jobs, etc. You always want proven performance in those kinds of areas going into the White House no matter the length of time spent gaining the experience.

Now, I will say we still don't know a whole lot about Mrs. Palin. But how much do we REALLY ever know about our leaders until they are thrust into the limelight? We only really know what the media tells us unless we are diligent in executing our own research or we have firsthand knowledge as the good folks of Alaska would, for example. And there is already a negative media frenzy beginning. So we should all be doing our own vetting, so to speak, so that we can determine for ourselves what should be gleaned and what should be tossed as it goes through our own sifter.

On the issue of her being so conservative... in my opinion the election of the President has to based on many issues and not just the most controversial. You have to weigh the plans for things that affect security, economy, energy, foreign affairs, etc.

And to say we need an overhaul or fresh perspective and a proven record of change in the area of energy is a huge understatement. Based on what Mrs. Palin says... she will fight for good changes in this area.

She seemed to me to be strong, a fighter for sure, yet still compassionate and in touch with commom people and their needs... because that is where she comes from.

I think we need more like her coming up through the ranks. Our government, for a long time, has come off as having the following priority order:

Me
My party
My lobbyists
and then any tiny bit left over goes out to the rest of us.

Much like society as a whole these days... me, my career, my family, and then any minute amount left over goes to community, world and God.

Sarah Palin gives the election as a whole the best hope for change. McCain made a very smart choice it seems.

The ride from here to November 4 will be filled with a lot of twists and turns I'm sure. But I think with Governor Palin in the mix it will be very exciting!

Let me know what you think!

No comments: